Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

Noel and all,

How ought we (if at all) deal with the notion of a virtual end point such as a "content routed" service like CNN? Particularly in the face of mobile nodes. If we deal with it at all we don't want TCP connections breaking, and yet one wants to find the closest server hosting this identity (whatever that means). I raise this because one way of looking at the answer would be to simply have a server appear with multiple agencies in the routing system. That's inelegant and expensive. DNS and anycast is incomplete due to mobility.

If CNN doesn't do it for you, think some sort of media gateway service (a 'la your long distance company or Vonage or some such).

Regards,

Eliot