Re: RADEXT charter for comment...

> I'm confused.  As someone who might conceivably be paid to extend
> RADIUS software I ought to applaud, but I thought there was a
> prohibition on requiring software update.  Did I miss something?

In theory an existing RADIUS implementation supporting VSAs already needs
to be prepared to support sub-attributes within VSAs, since RFC 2865
says that is a possibility.  Therefore if an implementation already
supported that (optional) feature of RFC 2865, no software update should
be required (assuming that the sub-attributes are comprised of existing
RADIUS data types).