RE: Progress on RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication

Nelson, David <> wrote:
>> Okay. So lets get this draft into last call right away.
>
> Which draft?  The keywrap draft?  We haven't reached consensus
that
> it should be a WG work item yet,

Has anybody called for consensus from the WG?  It's incredibly
difficult to reach something without moving your hand...

> although Bernard has suggested that
> it should be, and it seems to address a valid issue (NIST/FIPS
> approved algorithms).
>
> Perhaps we ought to follow your earlier suggestion and use the
> existing Message-Authenticator Attribute in the Digest
Authentication
> draft (as it is a short-term dependency for 3GPP2).  We could then
> let the keywrap draft take its course, hopefully eliciting more
> review and comment on the list than heretofore.

I like this plan!  Let's 1) rubberstamp a flawed document, insuring
2) either massive upgrades or (more likely) non-action later because
3) we can't make a decision on anything of substance in less than 2
years.

> -- Dave

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by
simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel