Re: [RRG] Process for picking new RRG Co-chair

Hi,

As indicated in the note, I solicited statements from anyone interested in co-chairing the RRG.

I received one statement of interest from Deep Medhi. His statement can be found at:
http://psg.com/~avri/irtf/D.Medhi-statement.html

I especially invite comments on two things:

- Personal comments can be made to me via email or via skype

- In Deep's statement, 5 specific directions are mentioned for the RRG. As the RRG has been rather quiet except for the topology analysis work being done in FS sub-group, I would like to hear what people think about the future directions for the RRG. This can be a broad ranging a discussion as the group wishes, but I recommend starting from the indications given by Deep in his note. Of course I invite him to fully participate in this hopefully open conversation on the RRG and on where we should go from here. My observations is that there is obviously a need for Internet routing research and that there is routing research being done, but that lately this RG has not been a factor in that research. My question regards what role this group can play in that research.

As far as the co-chair selection process goes, in about 2 weeks, Aaron, as chair of the IRTF, and I will have a talk and decide on the co-chair position. We expect to have a chat with Deep before that happens and will take into account any discussion or private notes I receive in the next 2 weeks.

thanks
a.