Re: [RRG] Locator/identifier separation : assumptions on locators

On Mar 20, 2007, at 6:10 PM, Scott W Brim wrote:

I don't see any gain in VLAs
at this point, but we might as well explicitly discuss the idea and
decide so.  The packet header form will follow the address form.

Perhaps we should reverse this. Do we agree that we're working with v6/v4 header formats? If so, then there's no way of doing a VLA (or VLL).

I'm still a champion of VLLs, just because we need the aggregation in the locator space, and our insanely poor usage of the namespace.

Tony