Re: [RRG] RE: [RAM] dns discover in map-and-encaps schemes

On Mar 20, 2007, at 7:33 AM, Templin, Fred L wrote:

Hi Lixia, and thanks for the guidance on this. I certainly agree
with minimizing the clutter, and am happy to move to just one list.
I don't have a preference as to which one, so I defer to your
judgement and will use just one list from now on.

But, a procedural question: how can we decide which is the
appropriate list on a case-per-case basis? (I think we still
have all three of the ram, rrg, and architecture-discuss lists
to choose from?)

let me try a paraphrase of Leslie's answer when this question was raised at RRG meeting last Saturday (I copied Leslie here in case I say it wrong):

RRG list should be used for messages related to RRG's efforts
  in developing a scalable routing&addressing architecture.
RAM list should be used for messages related to Internet routing and
  addressing that are out of RRG scope.
arch-d list should be used for all other architecture related issues.

Lixia