Re: [RRG] End user network size [ [Q] draft-farinacci-lisp: IPv4 address depletion]

On Sep 25, 2007, at 9:31 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

They are certainly not unreasonable! But I really think it's the exception;
most SOHO users (I mean 99%) simply won't have the sophistication
to do that sort of thing, and will rely on their ISP. That's what
I see around me.

Most SOHO users that I know would like a reciprocal multihoming
agreement with someone nearby using WiFi.

This doesn't dilute your argument, however, as they would still be NATed
into the backup address space.

Of course, the view here is SillyCon Valley is *somewhat* warped.  ;-)

Tony