[RRG] Re: A new draft about Hierarchical Routing Architecture

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 04:57:47PM +0100,
 Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com> wrote
 a message of 51 lines which said:

> These days I have received some feedbacks and questions publicly or
> privately.

Apparently, your draft was not submitted? I do not find it in the
official repository, only in your initial message. I suggest to submit it.

> Take mobile phone as an example, you don't feel inconvenient at the
> age of no mobile phone, but once you use it, you will find you can
> not leave it almost. I believe the cryptographic host identifier has
> some kind of character like mobile phone.

The relationship between the deployment of mobile phones and
cryptographic identifiers is a complete mystery to me...

> Any comment is welcomed.

The security section certainly requires more time and effort. I've
seen many ID/loc proposals and there is a common structure: the author
has a new idea (often a variation of existing ideas), post the draft
without security analysis, find that their proposal is much better
than any other proposal, and, when they try to add security in their
proposal, they discover that their proposal becomes as complicated and
difficult as the others.

Security is often the Achille's heel of ID/loc separation. Every
indirection is a new failure point.