Re: [RRG] Thoughts on the RRG/Routing Space Problem

Tony,

> Hopefully, the existing technology (PI addressing) will become harder
> to acquire.

Right -- and this would be very good.

All I'm saying is that technology alone may not solve our problems.
Policy changes, incentive changes, business model changes may be a part
of the solution. A couple of comments about such changes, however:

- Some changes might by themselves cause the desired change and do not
require any supporting technology change. This is not the case here,
however, because you cannot take away PI without giving something else
in its place.

- In a world that does not transition to a new system overnight, you may
have to be careful about raising the bar too fast -- you still want the
people with old technology to be able to do what they need to do.

Jari