RE: [RRG] LISP, IPv6 and 6to4

Dino,

> But if you have a mapping database deployed, you may as well use it
> and get the features that come along with it. So I see little value in

> using the 2002::/16 embedded IPv4 address as a locator.

I think we agree, and all I am saying is that legacy
6to4 sites that do not yet have ITR/ETR nor a mapping
capability can continue to use 6to4 until they do.
With the 6to4 relay router acting as proxy ITR/ETR, I
still see 6to4 as an incremental deployment vehicle
toward full native IPv6 LISP/APT/etc. (Thereafter,
6to4 can fade away as you and Brian have said.)

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com