Re: [RRG] Process proposal: agenda admission control

On Dec 12, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Hui Deng wrote:

Neutral background would be necessary for one eligible for this committee.

Please note that we specifically did not require this. It's very difficult to ascertain if someone is truly neutral and also ensure that they actually behave that way even if they say that they are. To avoid undue bias, we specifically want the supporting committee member to publicly known for supporting the proposal. If the proposal is indeed unworthy, this would reflect badly on the committee member. Hopefully this would act as a deterrent to insufficient selectivity or conflict of interest.

Tony