Re: [RRG] ALT + NERD is inelegant & inefficient, compared to APT or Ivip

Hi Robin,

On Jan 23, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Robin Whittle wrote:

However, if we do need host granularity, then I think you need
about 3 orders of magnitude more scale, and pure push approaches
simply won't get you there.

Yes, but I would say two orders of magnitude - 10^10 as an outside
limit.

Not to quibble, but... 10^10 is only 10 billion. We're about to add 6 billion cell phones to the net, and the thought of every human having on average 2 devices within 50 years doesn't seem like it's impossible.

~"If an architectural parameter isn't obviously too large, then it's probably too small."~
										- Ross Callon

Tony