Re: [RRG] Mobility considerations in proposal evaluation

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch@muada.com> wrote:
>  > For better or for worse, IPv4 bounds the box we're stuck with.
>
>  The endgame for IPv4 is about to start. No point wasting time on IPv4-
>  specific solutions.

Iljitsch,

That's a remarkably persistent rumor but I asked my ISP and they set
me straight: for all the chatter there are more sightings of sasquatch
and the abominable snowman than there are of IPv6.

While I say that half-facetiously, it's really only half. IPv4 will be
with us for the foreseeable future. Focusing our efforts on IPv6 would
amount to counting our chickens before the hen finishes laying the
eggs.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--