Re: [RRG] RRG process clarification

As to the guiding economic principle(s) it is just nice to have. It will become obvious from the "correct" theory anyway and we can drop this subject completely if it helps to speed up the discussion.

Peter,

you have a number of important points.  Thanks for sharing them.

Your statement cited above, however, is one that I don't agree
with.  Consideration of economic principles is, IMVHO, important
to arrive at the right theory.  If we omit this, we risk ending
up with the wrong theory which will eventually turn into a
protocol that people are reluctant to deploy -- not for technical
or backwards compatibility reasons, but for economic reasons.

One example where, I believe, consideration of economics is due
is the question of who should select the ingress link of an edge
network (a related thread on this list).  Letting the sender of a
packet select the remote ingress link (by letting it select the
destination transit address) would certainly be an approach that
is technically viable, but it would be opposite to the economic
view that the receiver, who pays for its ingress link, should be
able to control which one is used.

- Christian