RE: [RRG] Moving forward...

|I understand that we are thinking of a solution that works for the long
|term.  So if someone comes up with a solution that isn't
|compatible with
|ipv6, yet appears to be a long-term solution to the
|scalability problem,
|why would we want to reject this?
|
|I'm guessing we just want to have some constraints so that
|conversations
|don't fly all over the place.  That's understandable, and I would
|support that.

Like it or not, IPv6 is the stated way forward for the IETF.  If someone
shows up with something wonderful that is incompatible with v6, it's well
beyond our chater to propose an alternative for v6.  Note that modifications
would be within our charter.

Yes, we are trying to bound the conversation and make some forward progress.
Pulling hen's teeth would be substantially easier.

Tony