Re: [RRG] Moving forward...

Like it or not, IPv6 is the stated way forward for the IETF. If someone shows up with something wonderful that is incompatible with v6, it's well beyond our chater to propose an alternative for v6. Note that modifications
would be within our charter.

We have to create a balanced view. v4 is not more important than v6 and v6 is not more important than v4. So I would state:

Like it or not, IPv4 is the stated way forward for the IETF.  If someone
shows up with something wonderful that is incompatible with v4, it's well beyond our charter to propose an alternative for v4. Note that modifications
would be within our charter.

Dino