re: [RRG] Moving forward... IPv4 now, IPv6 less urgent and perhaps more ambitious

> |I agree with your proposed statement. BTW, should we add "solving the
> |address depletion issue" into the RRG design goals document as
> |a desired
> |goal and not mention IPv6 specifically and directly?
>

> Could you concisely state your understanding of the issue?  To my
> understanding, the only address depletion issue is the usage of the v4
> address space, and somehow, I think you're thinking of something else.

Hi Tony,

I wonder whether the RRG is to design a new architecture or just to fix the
scalability issue of IPv6. And I think it will determine how much change we
can make in the Internet architecture.
In other word, should HIP like approach be taken into RRG's consideration
provided that there was no separate working group and research group in
IETF/IRTF?

Best regards,
Xiaohu XU