Re: [RRG] Re: Fast and sparse mapping?

On 22 sep 2008, at 17:02, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

If the space is densely populated you can simply use an array, this is extemely efficient.

Is there any actual chance of having a densely populated space in IPv6 ?

Not for the whole space, of course. But you could have parts of it densely packed and the same prefix length, so you could have a bunch of arrays... But then you need to have a two step lookup algorithm.