Re: how mobile do we want to be

Thierry Ernst wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:12:02 +0100 Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> wrote:

So please let's do this shim in peace and revisit the interaction
with  other stuff when there is something concrete to build on.

Yes, that was the clear consensus of the multi6 discussion and that's why the shim6 draft charter is the way it is. I see no value in restarting that debate.

Would you explain me what is the purpose of a BOF if you exclude
discussions ? Just don't do BOF and straight approve the WG then.

We didn't exclude the discussion. I'm just stating it as my opinion that the draft charter is correct on this point, and that this was already clear in the multi6 discussions.

Should be easy now given your recent functions, but it won't do any good to the reputation of the IETF;-)

I specifically indicated that I was writing as ex-WG chair and ex-BOF chair.

    Brian