Re: addition of TLV to locator ID or locator ID set

Paul Jakma wrote:

Extend this to a site with, say 20,000 hosts, starting to use the shim for multihoming benefits. They might be a bit surprised when all their internal traffic go through (a single) shim proxy which melts under the load.

That would be highly annoying yes. ;) I suspect though it would be far more fruitful to route this prefix normally within ones own domain. ;)

But the hosts don't even know they are assigned this prefix; it's the shim that does it for them.

Which is why I think this approach (like other NATish approaches) most likely ends up requiring a two-faced DNS.

That might be ok; we just have to understand the implications.
(It's not like I have a better way to do a shim proxy for legacy IPv6 hosts.)

   Erik