Re: addition of TLV to locator ID or locator ID set

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Erik Nordmark wrote:

But the hosts don't even know they are assigned this prefix; it's the shim that does it for them.

Which is why I think this approach (like other NATish approaches) most likely ends up requiring a two-faced DNS.

From experience, you can do static NAT at your border for a set of prefixes while routing them internally normally. The NAT is quite invisible within your AS, as it is outside your AS - only your borders know it.

You wouldn't need split DNS for the shim6 site-intermediary case AFAICT, because the locator addresses would never be reachable - only the mapped address would ever be a valid address to try reach.

Split DNS is fairly evil btw.

That might be ok; we just have to understand the implications.

Aye.

  Erik

regards,
--