Re: REVIEW NEEDED: draft-durand-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirements-00.txt

Hi,

This is valuable WG work.

Alain, you may wish to check this recently expired draft for other issues
or requirements (the URL is temporary):
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tjc/draft-chown-v6ops-unmanaged-connectivity-00.txt

The index of requirements covered in the draft is:
 Desirable Properties of Tunneling Solutions
 Security
 Simplicity
 Ease of Management
 Handling Dynamic IPv4 Addresses
 Support for Hosts or Sites
 Scalability
 NAT Traversal
 Can be Used Behind a NAT
 Tunnel Service Ownership
 Tunnel Service Discovery
 Support for Special Services
 Route Optimisation
 Reverse DNS Lookups Available
 Accountability

I may update it soon, but your work, and work by Pekka, probably supercedes
it.   Just worth checking we pick up all the points people contributed to
the above draft.

There may be other things specific to your draft, for example handling of
dynamic IPv4 addresses, and how the tunneling overcomes/handles that
situation (both for the current user, and any user picking up the IPv4
address previously assigned to someone else running a tunnel), also
ensuring that the v6 prefix assigned remains static when the client comes
back in via a new v4 address to avoid v6 renumbering (this may be easier
in registered mode than non-registered).

I'll have a detailed look when the WG version of the draft is out :)

Tim