Re: 9/9/2004 IP6.INT Removal (Was: 9/9/2006 : ip6.int shutdown?)

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 09:17:56AM +0100, David Malone wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:59:35AM +0000, bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> > 	more cleanup in the next week or two.
>
> 2.0.0.2.ip6.int has become completely unavailable in the last few
> days, resulting in delays for people connecting from 6to4 addresses
> via ssh and the like. It seems that z.ip6.int is not listening on
> port 53 (I'm getting ICMP port unreachable from both its IPv4 and
> IPv6 addresses). {flag,dot}.ep.net seem to be both returning ServFail,
> because I guess they've become lame.
>
> As I can't get the SOA record, I can't tell who to contact.
>
> 	David.

	well, it seems that IPv6 is not all that different than IPv4.
	we've been the target of a DDoS attack using IPv6 as the attack
	vector.  Mitigation techniques and SOPs are still oriented toward
	IPv4. :(  The problem should be stablized. Working thorugh the
	IPv6 backscatter traces is more problematic and will take some
	time -

--bill