Re: IESG evaluation draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05

Pekka Savola wrote:
Hi,

The IESG approved the publication of draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt as is.

However, there were three minor non-blocking comments which might be
worth considering:

1)
[rhousley] [IN IESG DISCUSSION]
  Should VoIP be discussed in this document?  There are usually QoS
  issues associated with VoIP that deserve consideration.

I think that would be quite a substantial amount of work, so although the comment is valid, I would recommend leaving it aside.

2)
[hta] [IN IESG DISCUSSION] Reviewed by Brian Carpenter, Gen-ART
Nit: Example Network B uses the word "external" twice with different meanings; that's confusing...

To be precise, I wrote:

 Example Network B:

 A bank running a large network supporting online
 transaction processing (OLTP) across a distributed
 multi-sited network, with access to a central database
 on an external network from the OLTP network.

- External connectivity not required.

I can't quite reconcile "external network" and "external
connectivity not required" - this needs a little clarification.

Maybe changing 'an external' to 'a different' would be enough, and that can be done by the RFC-Ed.

   Brian

3)
[mrw] [IN IESG DISCUSSION] My affiliation is wrong in this document: s/ThinkMagic/ThingMagic. Could be fixed in AUTH48 if at all.

3) is trivially fixed later on, so there's no need to worry about it
now.  The question is whether it would make sense to consider which
changes would be needed to fix 1) or 2) (or whether we just go on as
is).  If the fixes are simple, these could be done as an RFC-editor
note as well, without respinning the document.