Re: Next steps

Hi David,

As in IETF everything is done via I-Ds, it will be much better to have
"something", to detail a little bit some options about how to proceed.
Propose several directions, may be, etc. Basically speaking-up now instead
of just waiting for the mic, so the people can start thinking and providing
inputs, which we all know is already difficult.

You don't think so ?

Regards,
Jordi

> De: David Kessens <david.kessens@nokia.com>
> Responder a: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Fecha: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:24:04 -0800
> Para: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
> CC: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Asunto: Re: Next steps
>

> Jordi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:01:14AM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> Well, what I expected is a document or at least an email explaining this:
>>
>> Discussion of the way forward - 15 mins, Chairs/ADs
>>   - GOAL: discuss and get consensus on how to proceed from here
>>
>> The AD indicated that he asked for this, so I guess we should have "some"
>> document that at a minimum introduce the topic, options, etc. !
>
> I think I already explained this to you:
>
> We would like to discuss how to proceed from where we are, now that
> most of our major milestones are accomplished.
>
> It is up to the community/working group to form a consensus view
> onwhere we want to go from here.
>
> Margaret & Jonne already gave their views. Not speaking as an AD, I
> like an approach as proposed by Margaret and supported by Jonne.
>
> Speaking as an AD, the part of the title of the agenda topic that says
> 'get consensus' was perhaps not the best choice of words. I would like
> to use the time to bootstrap the discussion on what is next and get
> some sense of the room for which directions make sense.
>
> David Kessens
> ---

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at: