Re: Comments: draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt

Hi Jim,

I totally agree here.

As one of the co-authors, I precisely asked to include other tunneling
options (namely 4in6 and 6in6) as a must.

In a message that I sent to the WG a few days ago, I explicitly asked the WG
opinion on that ...

Regarding to having a single document, the idea was initially like that, but
then we come out to the conclusion that is easier, because different small
particularities, to work in separate documents, and may be join some of them
at the end, but I'm now not absolutely clear about that being so easy.

Instead, if we can find a single solution for all the 3 requirement
documents ... then it will be easier at that point.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Bound, Jim" <jim.bound@hp.com>
> Responder a: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Fecha: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:37:13 -0500
> Para: <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Asunto: Comments: draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt
>
> Same comments as the previous on 3GPP zeronconf but this spec does
> address IP4-in-IPv6 tunneling which is good all be it only basically and
> needs more work.  But again has assumptions of the network working in
> lieu of NATS ad Firewalls and I am not clear that is a valid assumption
> for many cases.
>
> http://www.v6ops.euro6ix.net/ietf/draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-re
> qs-01.txt
>
> It seems to be that this zerconf spec, 3gpp zerconf spec, and assisted
> tunneling spec have many common properties and could we reduce this to
> just one spec?
>
> Thanks
> /jim

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit