Re: updated v6ops agenda, presentation of way forward

Let's try to avoid going into the gritty proto

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jeroen Massar wrote:
mannual tunnel configured TEPs at edges, and to lesser degree DHCPv6
with custom extensions.  So a TEP discovery solution is required for
sure.

DHCPv6? I still have to see that working ;) Would be nice option to have though, create a tunnel, use RA or DHCP to get the prefix on the tunnel and possibly also

The main reason I know that we are not using RA's is that we want the
host to be ::2/64, so we can ping6 it for latency and availability and
then we can also correctly point the prefix to that ip. DHCPv6 could solve
that, but how many hosts/router platforms have that functionality again?
DHCPv6-PD would be really nice to do though.

-- Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds." Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings