Re: updated v6ops agenda, presentation of way forward

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:35:21PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> I haven't seen any comments indicating such on both the AYIYA nor on the
> heartbeat drafts which I submitted. Then again apparently a lot of
> people seem to ignore anything with -00 or -01. I did get quite a number
> of positive comments though.

As one guilty of having not read it (sorry!) I think the problem is people
have limited time, and the v6ops scope is so broad, with so many personal
drafts too.

I'll try to circulate a list of v6ops related drafts soon so we can see the
diversity and volume...

I agree ayiya should be on the table for discussion by the new WG, if the WG
happens.   But the focus is on the configuration more than the tunneling itself,
as proposed.

I suspect we can draw a lot of experience from methods/tricks used by
existing systems, e.g. heartbeat protocols to support dynamic IPv4 addresses
on clients.

--
Tim