Re: IPv6-PMP?

On Apr 16, 2007, at 00:22, Pekka Savola wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, james woodyatt wrote:
I think it's reasonable to expect that if IETF doesn't produce a standard for endpoint nodes to signal routers (any of which may or may not be comprised of stateful packet filters) of their expectation to receive incoming flow initiations, ....

At least NSIS WG has been working on this (AFAICS; I haven't participated in the WG), see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-14.txt

However, I'm personally somewhat doubtful on how much traction that effort is going to get.

I'm circulating that draft around inside Apple. One obvious thing about it is that it's currently IPv4-only. I think it might be more appropriate to extend NSLP for IPv6 than it is to extend NAT-PMP for IPv6, which we would certainly find a lot easier to do. Alas, I don't know how much traction NSLP will get here.

--
j h woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>