Re: draft for Translator discussion

Also we have to be aware that there are some translator implementation
based on NAT-PT, but not fully compliant NAT-PT, since vendors already
realized that implementations fully compliant to NAT-PT does not work
well.

We (Yokogawa) have a translator that based on NAT-PT. But It is not fully compliant NAT-PT.
We tried to operate an IPv6 only network using our translator.
At that time, there were some problems and we implemented the functions to solve them.
The advantage of it is not requiring modification on IPv6 hosts. ;-)
The disadvantage of it is not resolving all issues listed on RFC4966. ;-(

About our translator, some issues of RFC4966 were already solved. In limited environment, it works well.
But, there are some applications and contents that depended on IPv4 address.
I think we must consider about it to communicate between IPv4 and IPv6 network and to deploy IPv6.

thanks,

// masaxmasa