Re: update maildir structure

At Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:18:08 -0500,
Rodrigo Amestica wrote:

> Hi Vitaly,
>
> I did not know that elmo keeps a copy of all already read
> email. Actually I do not understand what elmo exactly does (it seems
> that the only documentation is the lisp code itself.)
>
> What's the idea behind elmo saving all the emails I read? In what
> format are they saved?

Caching messages makes it possible to access your mail located in a
remote mailbox without having to download and manage them on your box
locally. You might for instance decide to keep all messages of a
particular mail account on the remote host. Using a message cache
enables you in this use case to operate on your messages while being
unplugged (aka offline).

The format of the cached messages is plain text. Just take a look at
~/.elmo/cache.

Regards

 -- David

--