Re: update maildir structure

David Maus wrote:

> Caching messages makes it possible to access your mail located in a
> remote mailbox without having to download and manage them on your box
> locally. You might for instance decide to keep all messages of a
> particular mail account on the remote host. Using a message cache
> enables you in this use case to operate on your messages while being
> unplugged (aka offline).

Just beware that this cache can get quite large. Especially if you
tend to run online most of the time, you may want to purge it
periodically. I've since switched to maildir for other reasons, but
back when I used to use IMAP, I had this in my startup file:

  (elmo-cache-expire-by-age  14)
  (elmo-cache-expire-by-size 1024)

--
Ron Isaacson