Re: Display of unicode characters?

At Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:14:51 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> At Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:26:10 +0100,
> Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> >
> > The page contains a link to
> >
> > http://osdir.com/ml/mail.wanderlust.general/2008-04/msg00007.html
> >
> > There you find a patch for mel-q-ccl.el.
> >
> > Apply this and reinstall flim.
> >
> > Alternatively, just add "(setq-default mime-transfer-level 8)" to your
> > ~/.wl.
>
> Tried the latter; didn't seem to make any difference to my ability to
> display the curlies in that original message.  Maybe I'll try the patch.

Hi David -

The trouble that I see is that your messages claim to have
Content-Transfer-Encoding quoted-printable, but they are in fact raw
UTF-8. WL is then unable to view the messages that it creates. I
believe this is why you cannot see unicode in your own messages in WL,
but you can see the unicode in other’s messagess.

Other MUAs work around the problem. For instance the gmail web reader
has no problem with your messages. But the message is still broken (as
far as I know). You will need some other patch to be able to view your
original message in WL. The patch [1] that has been mentioned is to
fix the encoding of new messages that you write going forward.

Please see this thread:

<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general/2486>

where another user seemed to be having the same problem, which the
patch [1] seemed to fix.

best,
Erik

1. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general.japanese/5978