Re: Display of unicode characters?

At Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:22:23 -0800,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> The trouble that I see is that your messages claim to have
> Content-Transfer-Encoding quoted-printable, but they are in fact raw
> UTF-8. WL is then unable to view the messages that it creates. I
> believe this is why you cannot see unicode in your own messages in WL,
> but you can see the unicode in other’s messagess.
>
> Other MUAs work around the problem. For instance the gmail web reader
> has no problem with your messages. But the message is still broken (as
> far as I know). You will need some other patch to be able to view your
> original message in WL. The patch [1] that has been mentioned is to
> fix the encoding of new messages that you write going forward.

Ah, fixed on the sending end!  Thanks.  Setting mime-transfer-level
does seem to make new outgoing curlies readable from WL, thanks.

> Please see this thread:
>
> <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general/2486>
>
> where another user seemed to be having the same problem, which the
> patch [1] seemed to fix.

Are there any downsides to setting mime-transfer-level instead of
applying the patch?  I have to admit that there's a lot about MIME I
don't yet understand.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing