Re: Display of unicode characters?

At Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:35:54 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> […]
>
> Are there any downsides to setting mime-transfer-level instead of
> applying the patch?  I have to admit that there's a lot about MIME I
> don't yet understand.

I doubt that you know less than me about MIME!

I don’t know if there are any downsides to setting
mime-transfer-level. Mine is always set to 7 because my work STMP
server does not like 8 bit messages.

FYI, this a confusing bug because there this issue only seems to arise
on unpatched FLIM installations with Emacs 23. Flim on debian/ubuntu
(at least the latest versions) seems to be patched, so some people
will perhaps not experience this behavior, even with the same version
of FLIM listed in the User-Agent.

I don’t know how FLIM is installed for Mac OS. If it is via a package
manager of sometime, perhaps you could ask for the patches used in
Debian/Ubuntu [1] to be applied?

best,
Erik

1. http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/f/flim/flim_1.14.9-4/changelog