Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:49:04 -0800,
John Owens wrote:

> Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, there's no active development community anymore. I subscribed
>
> This makes me really sad. I have enjoyed using this very good mail
> client for years even at the time its authors were putting lots of
> good changes into it. I would love to see them resume development,
> and/or figure out how to include Vitaly and some of the other
> developers in their efforts so we can start having releases again.

+1

Wanderlust is the first MUA that has managed to get me away from mutt.
I use emacs for everything else so WL totally fits in with my working
practice and would love to see it continue to be supported.

Forking, as David Abrahams suggests, may be the solution.  Mind you,
the support from just this (the english) mailing list is almost
sufficient on its own to keep the existing package going.  The amazing
thing is that WL seems to just plainly work with only the english
documentation possibly making things a little harder than they should
be.

As a lurker on this list for a long time, let me take this opportunity
to thank those that have been contributing with brilliant solutions
(e.g. the recent discussion on using mairix with wl has been ever so
helpful)!  And obviously thanks to all who have contributed to WL in
the first place.

eric