Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:05:41 +0000,
Eric S Fraga wrote:

> At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:49:04 -0800,
> John Owens wrote:
> >
> > Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:
> > >
> > > AFAIK, there's no active development community anymore. I subscribed
> >
> > This makes me really sad. I have enjoyed using this very good mail
> > client for years even at the time its authors were putting lots of
> > good changes into it. I would love to see them resume development,
> > and/or figure out how to include Vitaly and some of the other
> > developers in their efforts so we can start having releases again.
>
> +1
>
> Wanderlust is the first MUA that has managed to get me away from mutt.
> I use emacs for everything else so WL totally fits in with my working
> practice and would love to see it continue to be supported.
>
> Forking, as David Abrahams suggests, may be the solution.  Mind you,
> the support from just this (the english) mailing list is almost
> sufficient on its own to keep the existing package going.  The amazing
> thing is that WL seems to just plainly work

It really depends what you're doing.  Large NNTP groups are
impossibly slow.

> with only the english documentation possibly making things a little
> harder than they should be.
>
> As a lurker on this list for a long time, let me take this
> opportunity to thank those that have been contributing with
> brilliant solutions (e.g. the recent discussion on using mairix with
> wl has been ever so helpful)!  And obviously thanks to all who have
> contributed to WL in the first place.

Indeed.  I hope I can settle down here, after playing the messaging
field for so long.  It seems like a nice place, even if it does need a
little fixing up here and there.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing