Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:05:41 +0000,
Eric S Fraga wrote:
[...]

> I use emacs for everything else so WL totally fits in with my working
> practice and would love to see it continue to be supported.

So, do I.  I  will continue to use wl as long as  it is not broken and
as IMAP rules.   Breaking IMHO can happen only  with emacs development
introducing serious  backward incompatibility. In  that case, sticking
to an old version  of emacs for quite some time is  no problem, as the
source is  always there (e.g.   I completely skipped  emacs22).  Then,
with IMAP the  risk is virtually zero as I can  always use another MUA
on the same mailbox.

As for  a fork, it  should be done  in such a  way that the  the great
contribution  of the  people who  gave  us wl  in the  first place  is
honored.

A WL  fork IMHO would implicate  forks of APEL, FLIM,  SEMI, however I
don't know how the maintenace situation is there.

I for  myself would be able  to contribute with  occasional tests, I'd
like to do  more, but my time budget doesn't allow  (which I assume is
also the reason for the silence of the original developers).

Jürgen

--
Das Schiff voll froher Wanderlust
Zieht fort unaufzuhalten,