Re: semi-1_14_7 release

"Herbert J. Skuhra" <h.skuhra@gmail.com> writes:

> emiko-1_14-epg is obsolete, isn't it?

No.

> The NEWS file of wl says:
>
> ** Use EasyPG (http://www.easypg.org) if it is available.

This entry means that WL uses EasyPG for inline PGP messages[1].  For
PGP/MIME or S/MIME messages, emiko-1_14-epg still makes sense.

Also, on merging emiko-1_14-epg to semi-1_14 branch, please note that it
will break the compatibility with pgg.el, which is about to be obsolete
in Emacs 23 though.  I, as the author of EasyPG and a developer of SEMI,
would love to work on it, but I don't have time at the moment.

Anyway, I think that emiko-1_14-epg works fine with the current WL, so
there is no need to make haste.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://josefsson.org/inline-openpgp-considered-harmful.html

Regards,