Re: semi-1_14_7 release

At Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:40:25 +0100,
Randy Bush wrote:

> > Now, There are a lot of branches in semi and flim. I want to merge
> > those functions if necessary. I cannot understand which branch has any
> > function.
> >
> > For instance, I use EMIKO-EasyPG that is one of the branch (?) of
> > SEMI, because I want to use EasyPG. But I don't know the relation
> > between EMIKO-EasyPG (or those branches) and semi-1_14 trunk.
>
> welcome to the linux/git approach to software non-engineering.  it's
> like throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sitcks.  unfortunately,
> it is we, the users, who are the wall [0].

Randy,

I don't see it  that way... Of course it looks a  bit messy now, but I
have a working MUA, and can wait  until at a new beta of everything is
announced (as I am not able to contribute to development). Some people
thankfully became  active and do it  their way (in this  case by using
git), so let us  wait what comes out. As far as  I understand the idea
is to keep stuff in git until it is well enough tested and to check it
into the CVS only then. IMHO very reasonable.

In fact most  of the messages from the last weeks  would belong into a
wl-devel mailing list which does not exist (at least in english).

Best regards
Jürgen