Re: filter folder syntax

At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:08:55 -0400,
Matt Price wrote:
> thx Eric, and here's the backtrace:

[…]

> I regret that neither of these really makes any sense to me!  thanks
> for the help again,

Hi Matt -

I finally had a look at this, sorry for the delay. I suspect that your
problem may be that you have folder with very high message numbers. In
elmo-multi a variable we find:

  (defvar elmo-multi-divide-number 100000
    "*Multi divider number.")

which I believe is used as constant for a function to map, e.g., a
child folders message number 99 to 100099. By setting this to 1000 I
was able to get a similar error.

You could try setting this number to 1000000 (1 m.) or something
higher in your ~/.wl file.

After that you probably want to wipe out the cache in ~/.elmo/filter
for that filter folder that did not work.

WL maintainers, if this is the problem, any thoughts on this? I do not
think that having message numbers > 100000 is unusual on modern mail
systems. My inbox is on 135000 right now. Perhaps the
elmo-multi-divide-number default should be set higher?

best,
Erik