Re: Wanderlust & Gmail Archive

Hi Erik

Thanks for the reply.

    Erik> Welcome to the Wanderlust mailing list!

Cheers.

    >> I am looking for a way to move emails out of my Inbox once
    >> processed. In the Gmail web app, you can click on the Archive
    >> button and it removes the mail from your inbox (or possibly
    >> removes the inbox label ?).
    >>
    >> Is there a way to get the same functionality with wanderlust ?
    >> At the moment I have set up a folder in ~/.folders called All
    >> E-Mails as included below, but I'm sure there must be a better
    >> way to do this.

    Erik> Technically, I believe that if you delete a message from
    Erik> your inbox (in Gmail) via IMAP, it means that the inbox
    Erik> label is removed from the message, but it is still available
    Erik> in your archive.

Ahh - Looks like I was too ambitious in my initial setup - I followed
a recipe setup which had:

 (setq wl-trash-folder "%[Gmail]/Trash")

I have now commented this out and my .folders file is trimmed down as well.

Initial experiments appear to confirm that deleting in Wanderlust
doesn't actually put the messages in Trash, but just removes the Inbox
label, which is exactly what I was after.

Thanks for that.

In general, how do you map wanderlust folders to Gmail labels ?

For example, is it possible to list the folders/labels in use in your
Gmail account so that you know how to access them from within
Wanderlust ?

Pete