Re: backquote errors with emacs24

On 10-11-13 01:37 AM, David Maus wrote:
Well.. But you are using a development release of Emacs 24, aren't you
yes....  but I use a debian package, which makes me less nervous.
Due to its slow development cycle WL's cvs HEAD is pretty stable.  Of
course sometimes HEAD is in a unstable state but simply not pulling
every new changeset would reduce the risk of breaking your setup.

I would say: If you pull today, you have a pretty stable revision of
WL.
Thanks David.  OK, just pulled from the official-looking cvs repository:
(cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.m17n.org:/cvs/root checkout wanderlust)

Is the general consensus that it's best to pull from there, or from one of the git repos?  And what about flim, apel, and semi -- can I stick with relatively old versions of those packages, or do they need to be run from cvs too?

Agian, thanks very much -- looking forward to trying this out and fixing it.  best,
matt