Re: fresh macosx install

At Sat, 29 Jan 2011 05:22:00 -0500,
Dave Abrahams wrote:

> […]
>
> Wow, I didn’t know about pases. Looks cool.
> Maybe just another system for el-get to assimilate.  But I bet your
> code is better than el-get's :-)

I don’t know about that. ;) Unfortunately I have not advertised pases
often, so I feel it is being left behind by other package systems. It
suits my needs, however, and supports some nice features (e.g., when
you install a new version of a package, the old version is
uninstalled, unloaded, then the new version is installed & compiled, &
you usually do not need to restart emacs).

> […]
>
> el-get recipes can also be written to avoid "make," and those for apel,
> flim, semi, and wanderlust do just that.

Ah, I see. It runs APEL-MK, etc. That probably makes more sense than
doing what I did, which was to laboriously translate all the apel
tests to see which versions to run into my own system, which is
evaluated when the package is compiled for your version of emacs.

best, Erik