Re: Use of wl-summary-auto-sync-marks

At Wed, 08 Jun 2011 22:59:21 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> At Wed, 08 Jun 2011 07:19:36 +0200,
> David Maus wrote:
> >
> > Hi Erik,
> >
> > At Tue, 10 May 2011 23:05:30 -0700,
> > Erik Hetzner wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anybody have any thoughts? I am not too certain about what
> > > syncing marks does, or rather when it is necessary, so comments are
> > > appreciated.

I'm okay with this modification. If persistent flags (e.g. unread,
important, user defined keywords) don't matter, syncing them is not
necessary and if it get's in your way, you should be able to disable
syncing in this particular case (e.g.: folder).

Not sure how you could actually lose flags unless the client pushes
it's perspective to the server which AFAIK only happens if you toggle
a flag (or do something that toggles a flag).

If there are no objections, I'd like to push the patch to CVS trunk
end of July 2011.

Best,
  -- David
--