Re: Problems with draft/sent folders

At Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:07:54 +0200,
Francesco Mazzoli wrote:

> I'm setting my templates in `wl-template-alist', and then I'm
> selecting the right ones automatically through
> `wl-draft-config-alist'; in a very similar way to how it's done here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlMultipleAccounts .

Hi Francesco,

I see. Thanks for the pointer.

FYI, there is no need to use Fcc in gmail if you used the gmail SMTP
server. gmail saves a copy of your sent messages.

> > In any case I don’t think you can set wl-draft-folder in this way. By
> > the time you get to either templates or draft config the message is
> > already saved in a folder.
>
> That's true, but I'd like it to be saved in a different folder from
> that moment.

But I don’t think that will work. Sorry. Once the folder is selected
and you are saving to a message you are stuck with the draft folder.
You might be able to change wl-draft-save to make this work. It
doesn’t seem it would be too difficult.

> > As for wl-fcc, what you want to do is set the “Fcc” header, not use
> > the wl-fcc variable. The wl-fcc variable, as I read the docstring, is
> > the folder “initially added at creating draft buffer.”
>
> Ok, but if I understand correctly `wl-fcc' determines what's the
> intial content of Fcc, which does not seem to be happening.
>
> […]

wl-fcc is used in the function wl-draft-default-headers only, which is
used at initial draft buffer creation, if I read the source correctly.
When you are selecting a template it is too late.

I will correct this in that wiki page.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.