Re: Problems with draft/sent folders

At Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:15:01 +0200,
Karl F wrote:

> > Use ("Fcc" . ...) instead of (wl-fcc . ...) in your
> > wl-draft-config-alist or wl-template-alist. I just changed this on the
> > emacswiki page WlMultipleAccounts.
>
> I've had this same problem, of not having my sent mails put
> in "Sent" -folder for my non-Gmail account so this is very
> interesting to me as well.
>
> I've tried switching the wl-fcc to "Fcc", but this does not work
> for me. If I set "Fcc:" explicitly when I'm writing my email it
> works and auto-completes (with TAB) like so:
> %INBOX.Sent:"myusername@mycompany.com"/clear@mail.mycompany.com
>
> And in my wl-template-alist I have:
>  ("Fcc" . "%INBOX.Sent:\"myusername@mycompany.com\"/clear@mail.mycompany.com")
>
> i.e. the "" around my login name escaped. I'm wondering if this
> fails because I have a "@" in my login name? Should I escape that
> too? I've tried that, but it did not work.
>
> Also, looking at:
> http://www.gohome.org/wl/doc/wl_89.html#IDX444
>
> I don't see the real difference between (wl-fcc . ...)
> and ("Fcc" . ...)

Hi Karl,

The difference is that wl-fcc sets the value of the Fcc header when
the “draft is prepared”, meaning right after you type `w` or `a`. If
wl-fcc is changed by wl-draft-config-alist it *will not* be applied to
the *existing* draft buffer and the Fcc header will not be set. Only
setting the Fcc header directly will work.

When the draft is sent the Fcc header is read to determine where to
save the sent message. When the draft is sent WL does not care what
the value of wl-fcc is. It is too late. All WL cares about is the
value of the Fcc header in the message.

To test if your Fcc header is being set properly, try running
wl-draft-config-exec (C-c C-e) directly before sending your message
and verify that the Fcc header has been set.

Hope that helps.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.