Slow NNTP folders

Hi list,

I've been quite happy with WL for the past months, but there are still minor
annoyances.

The most annoying one one is WL performance when opening big NNTP folders.  For
example opening the gmane mirror of emacs-devel takes several minutes where
there are more than ~20 new messages.  The longest step seems to be "Creating
subject cache".

I'm using the version of WL shipped with debian (so with emacs23), where there
any recent improvements?  If not, I might start looking at the code myself...

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt