Re: wl-fcc vs encrypted mails

The default in GPG2 is that your documents are encrypted with your own key as well as the key of the person to whom you are sending the document.  See, e.g. http://support.gpgtools.org/kb/faq-gpgmail/gpgmail-2-hidden-settings.

You should be able to open your sent emails and decrypt them with your own GPG password.  I am sorry that I can't give you wanderlust details because I moved away from wl a few years ago -- first to Mew and then back to Gnus, both of which have better support for encryption in my opinion.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
Hello,

David Maus wrote:

> At Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:36:21 +0200,
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 13:49 +0200, Michael Welle wrote:
> > > I utilise wl-fcc to store a copy of every mail I sent in an IMAP
> > > folder. A drawback is that encrypted mails are stored, well,
> > > encrypted. As a consequence that email's content can't be retrieved by
> > > me anymore. How do you deal with this problem? What about storing the
> > > mail in clear text and add an additional header indicating that this
> > > mail was sent encrypted?
> >
> > Regarding to security mails that were sent encrypted, should also be
> > stored encrypted. I know similar pseudo-issues using other MUAs and
> > sometimes another level of security is needed, IOW it would be ok to
> > sent mails encrypted, but then to store them decrypted, but for good
> > reasons this shouldn't be a default for any MUA. Why can't you decrypt
> > your own mails?
> >

> +1 -- My solution is simple: I always encrypt to myself.
-v please ;). Does that mean you don't use wl-fcc but cc or bcc
instead?

Regards
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html

--
Bill Day
williamson.day@gmail.com