Re: wl-fcc vs encrypted mails

At Sun, 8 Sep 2013 11:58:57 -0400,
Bill Day wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
>
> [2  <text/html; ISO-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> The default in GPG2 is that your documents are encrypted with your own key as well
> as the key of the person to whom you are sending the document.  See, e.g. http://
> support.gpgtools.org/kb/faq-gpgmail/gpgmail-2-hidden-settings.
>
> You should be able to open your sent emails and decrypt them with your own GPG
> password.  I am sorry that I can't give you wanderlust details because I moved away
> from wl a few years ago -- first to Mew and then back to Gnus, both of which have
> better support for encryption in my opinion.

I've never used anything other emacs mua than Wanderlust and would be
curious as to your evaluation of the pros and cons of each, beyond
just encryption considerations.  Myself, I was looking for good IMAP
support and it seemed Wanderlust had the edge there.  I'm more or less
satisfied with it but sometimes think I should switch to something
more actively developed and/or shipped as integral major mode so as to
be able to take full advantage of the tool chain, e.g. gnus and
bbdbv3.  OTOH, I don't care about Usenet anymore and it always seemed
like a kludge to press Gnus into IMAP mua duty.

Thanks-- Ken